||Field Engineering Manager
||Farnborough, Hampshire. Remote locations will also be considered
About UK Connect
We are the UK’s leading provider of communication & IT solutions to the construction industry. Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T solutions and wireless networks across the UK and Europe.
We pride ourselves on technology, innovation and delivering solutions based on customer need. We are small but well-established with an energetic and hardworking team and an environment that puts its people first.
UK Connect is Elite partners with Ruckus, Cradlepoint and Siklu. We also partner with Sonic Wall for our customer firewall and network security needs.
Job Type: Full-time
You will manage our national Engineering Team comprising of 6 Service Delivery Technicians, 2 Network Solution Engineers and third-party contractors, reporting into the Head of Technical Operations.
This is an exciting role managing a team of highly skilled field engineers who deliver Voice, Data, Wireless and Network solutions to a number of business sectors across the UK.
At UK Connect the construction sector represents 80% of our client portfolio. We also provide critical connectivity solutions for the Ministry of Defence and a number of Multi Dwelling Units across the UK. Our engineers are predominantly installing Cellular technologies as well as Wireless and Networking equipment solutions.
The role of Field Engineering Manager will be fully supported, working closely with our dispatch team, Project Managers and Service Desk team.
- Ensuring our Service Delivery Technicians (SDT) are delivering our services to customers safely with a Health and Safety first mindset.
- Develops working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensures service delivery adheres to all regulations
- Working with our Network Solution Engineers and Project Managers to understand the customer scope of works and direct our SDT’s to deliver to schedule.
- Tool box talks to ensure our teams understand risks and how to avoid them with safe working practices.
- Encouraging and supporting a world class customer experience from our on SDT’s measured through CSAT and NPS.
- Effectively manage the SDT’s providing first-line support for them; ensuring work is completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for the development of a team of installation technicians through observation and coaching best practice, quality field audits, mentoring, 1:2:1’s and product development weekly briefings.
- Hire, manage, and support service delivery staff, acting as in-person manager for day-to-day activities such as expenses, travel, performance reviews, etc
- Responsible for SDT’s fleet, equipment and tooling through daily / weekly / monthly inspections.
- Responsible for ensuring the professional image of UK Connect is maintained at all times, promoting the company in a positive manner, acting at all times in the best interest of the customer.
- Undertake personal, technical training and development to ensure technical skills are kept up-to-date and aligned to the business and divisional plans
- Keep appraised and evaluate new technologies
- Suggest improvements for the on-going development of the professional services division
- Coordinate operational activities with other UKC departments working closely with the Service Desk, Service Delivery, Pre-Sales, Business Operations, Security and Architect functions.
The below skills required are an extensive list; however, this is not required in all cases if you feel you have the ability and experience, then we will still consider your application. Full training will be provided for vendor-specific solutions.
- Minimum 5 years’ extensive experience in the delivery of projects covering a broad range of Wireless IT system, services and solutions (closely aligned Ruckus, Siklu. Cradlepoint and SonicWall)
- Health, safety and wellbeing of whole team and third parties working with direct labour and operating in region including investigation of incidents and improvement actions
- Cisco CCNA, CWNA, Cellular, or equivalent certification level are highly desirable.
- LAN / WAN and Physical network infrastructure experience, fibre / UTP cabling, network cabinets.
- Cyber Security awareness and best practises.
- Project planning and ITIL
- Innovation and continuous improvement plans
- Team player and able to effectively interact with a variety of individuals (UK Connect staff and clients) with different competencies and requirements
- Willing to work on a flexible work schedule and travel when required
- Knowledge, implementation and operation of best in class Field service provision and repair of networks and IT equipment.
- Ability to make the right judgment about where to focus efforts and resources and provide strong visible leadership
Acts with integrity and takes responsibility for own actions and responses
Benefits to you
We offer a competitive salary, plus a great flexible benefits package.
The important bits:
- Remote/flexible working
- 25 days a year holiday
- Company pension
- Health & Dental Care (option to ‘buy’ using points within Company benefit scheme)
- Mobile, laptop and access to company vehicle
- Free parking on site
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme
- Staff away days
The fun stuff:
- Access to our large flexible benefits scheme
- 5 paid days a year to work for a charity of your choice
- ‘Duvet Days’ (option to ‘buy’ using points within our company benefit scheme)
How to apply
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page to submit your application.
Please also call our careers phone number (this line is not manned) to leave us a message about you and your application: 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information:
- Your name
- Contact number
- Current job role
- What you understand about UK Connect
- Why you would like to work for us
- What value you think you could bring to our business
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face meeting.
*No Agencies, please*