||Network Solution Engineer
About UK Connect
We are the UK’s leading provider of communications & IT solutions to the construction industry. Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK and Europe. We pride ourselves on technology, innovation and delivering solutions based on customer need. We are small but well-established with an energetic and hardworking team and an environment that puts its people first.
UK Connect is Elite partners with Ruckus, Cradlepoint and Siklu. We partner with Sonic Wall for our customer firewall and network security needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Working within our Technical operations division, you will be part of the engineering department working closely with clients and our in-house teams.
You will be responsible for understanding our customer’s technical needs based on business outcomes then design the network requirements, the scope of works, bill of materials, assist with the implementation and configuration. This will be predominately for our Wireless needs and include security and cellular network solutions for our customers.
- Delivery of technical design, implementation and consultancy for IT projects and solutions (upgrades, integration work and greenfield installations)
- Create architectural network designs, project documentation, including the scope of works, design/build, planning, handover documents and progress reports.
- Work with the sales team to provide pre-sales technical support, consultation and solution design proposals
- Seek and highlight additional opportunities whilst reviewing clients existing IT infrastructure
- Evaluate and recommend changes in performance tuning, infrastructure design and monitoring for clients
- Ensure regular progress reports are created and distributed to key stakeholders
- Assist with the handover/transition of new client IT systems and services to the UK Connect service desk and field teams
- Undertake client audits (review of client infrastructure and security vulnerability testing)
- Undertake personal, technical training and development to ensure technical skills are kept up-to-date and aligned to the business and divisional plans
- Keep appraised and evaluate new technologies
- Provide technical support assistance/guidance to the 3rd line service desk team
- Assist in the training and development of service helpdesk staff and field engineers
- Define, develop and maintain infrastructure deployment techniques, standards, policies and procedures
- Assist with the management, upgrade and delivery of new IT for the UK Connect infrastructure
- Suggest improvements for the on-going development of the professional services division
The below skills required are an extensive list; however, this is not required in all cases if you feel you have the ability and experience, then we will still consider your application. Full training will be provided for vendor-specific solutions.
- Minimum 5 years’ extensive experience in the network design and delivery of projects covering a broad range of Wireless IT system, services and solutions (closely aligned Ruckus, Siklu. Cradlepoint and SonicWall)
- Cisco CCNP, CWNA, Ruckus ICX, Firewalls, Cellular, or equivalent certification level are highly desirable.
- Physical network infrastructure experience, fibre / UTP cabling, network cabinets.
- Team player and able to effectively interact with a variety of individuals (UK Connect staff and clients) with different competencies and backgrounds
- Work under own initiatives to ensure high-quality delivery to UK Connect clients
- Self-propelled work ethic with the ability to stay on task and focused with minimal supervision
- Willing to work on a flexible work schedule and travel as required
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Benefits to you
We offer a competitive salary, plus a great flexible benefits package.
The important bits:
- Remote/flexible working
- 25 days a year holiday
- Company pension
- Health & Dental Care (option to ‘buy’ using points within Company benefit scheme)
- Mobile, laptop and access to company vehicle
- Free parking on site
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme
- Staff away days
The fun stuff:
- Access to our large flexible benefits scheme
- 5 paid days a year to work for a charity of your choice
- ‘Duvet Days’ (option to ‘buy’ using points within our company benefit scheme)
How to apply
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page to submit your application.
Please also call our careers phone number (this line is not manned) to leave us a message about you and your application: 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information:
- Your name
- Contact number
- Current job role
- What you understand about UK Connect
- Why you would like to work for us
- What value you think you could bring to our business
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face meeting.
*No Agencies, please*